Watch our Video
What’s in it for students
CEO x 1 Day gives students an opportunity to take in-class learning and apply it to a real world situation and equips them with the tools and skills to start building their careers.
Benefits to students:
- Participating in the recruitment process gives students valuable skills and experience for future job searches.
- 2 out of 3 applicants will have the opportunity to complete an online leadership assessment and receive a personalized report from Hogan Assessments, a global leader in assessments. The report will provide feedback on aspects of their leadership skills like relationship building, goal setting and strategic thinking which will help them in choosing a career path
- NEW this year! All semi-finalists will be considered for an interview with McKinsey & Company for a summer internship or full-time placement.
- Semi-finalists will have an opportunity to network and make connections with leaders in the executive search field.
- Semi-finalists will spend a ½ day participating in group exercises and one-on-one interviewing which will strengthen their presentation and interviewing skills.
- Finalists will spend a full day shadowing a CEO (including one-on-one time), learning about their background, career path, and leadership approach.
Why CEOs are getting involved
Leveraging the talents of Odgers Berndtson’s team of executive search experts, the CEO x 1 Day program will uncover some of Canada’s most promising future talent and give CEOs an opportunity to connect and better understand what drives the next generation of leaders.
Benefits to participating companies:
- Odgers Berndtson will work closely with each participating organization to coordinate an experience that is both meaningful and memorable for the CEO and the student
- The CEO’s participation shows the organization’s commitment to supporting youth by investing in their career development and creating opportunities for future leaders
- CEO x 1 Day will be promoted through a national media relations, social media, and an email marketing campaign
If you are an organization who is interested in having your CEO participate in the program, please contact Jacqueline Foley, Chief Marketing Officer, Odgers Berndtson at Jacqueline.email@example.com.
About Odgers Berndtson
Odgers Berndtson is Canada’s leading executive search firm and a global leader with offices in more than 29 countries worldwide. We specialize in recruiting senior executives and board members in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. Clients benefit from our global reach and our extraordinary regional expertise. Our unique approach to search is based on building deep relationships with our clients and the people we place. As industry and functional experts, we invest in getting to know our clients’ organizations and the nuances of their culture. This knowledge gives us a powerful perspective and helps us build world-class leadership teams for clients across the country.
Odgers Berndtson has been running CEO x 1 Day globally for 7 years. When the program was launched in Spain, there were over 3000 applications in the first year.