What’s in it for students
CEO x 1 Day gives students an opportunity to take in-class learning and apply it to a real world situation and equips them with the tools and skills to start building their careers.
Benefits to students:
- Participating in the recruitment process gives students valuable skills and experience for future job searches.
- Two out of three applicants will have the opportunity to complete an online leadership assessment and receive a personalized report from Hogan Assessments. The report will provide feedback on their leadership skills like relationship building, goal setting and strategic thinking.
- All semi-finalists will be considered for an interview with McKinsey & Company for a summer internship or full-time placement.
- Semi-finalists will have an opportunity to network and make connections with leaders in the executive search field during their interview day.
- Semi-finalists will spend a half day participating in group exercises and one-on-one interviewing which will strengthen their presentation and interviewing skills.
- Finalists will spend a full day shadowing a CEO (including one-on-one time), learning about their background, career path, and leadership approach.
Why CEOs are getting involved
Leveraging the talents of Odgers Berndtson’s team of executive search experts, the CEO x 1 Day program uncovers some of Canada’s most promising future talent, while providing CEOs with an opportunity to connect and better understand what drives the next generation of leaders.
Benefits to participating companies:
- Odgers Berndtson works closely with each participating organization to coordinate an experience that is both meaningful and memorable for the CEO and the student.
- The CEO’s participation shows the organization’s commitment to supporting youth by investing in their career development and creating opportunities for future leaders.
- CEO x 1 Day is promoted through a national media relations, social media and email marketing campaign.
If you are an organization who is interested in having your CEO participate in the program, please contact Jacqueline Foley, Chief Marketing Officer, Odgers Berndtson at Jacqueline.email@example.com.
About Odgers Berndtson
Odgers Berndtson is a global leader in executive search with more than 200 partners in 30 offices around the globe, committed to providing an integrated approach to talent management. With a focus on industry and functional specialization, the firm specializes in recruiting, assessing and developing senior executives and board members in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors across Canada and internationally. Through executive search, executive interim and leadership assessment services, Odgers Berndtson helps its clients build world-class leadership teams.